Quickoffice Unveils First Seamless Mobile Productivity Experience Across Multiple Devices and Clouds with Connect by Quickoffice
New service enables the emerging mobile work paradigm found in today’s multi-device, multi-OS and multi-cloud worldTuesday, March 27th, 2012
Dallas, TX – Quickoffice, Inc., the global leader in mobile office productivity solutions, today announced Connect by Quickoffice, a new service that integrates the company’s market-leading mobile Office editors with a proprietary cloud platform. Connect also enables remote access and aggregated search across all cloud services and devices, regardless of operating system. This new solution provides users with a fluid online and offline document creating, editing, syncing and sharing experience.
Connect is an all-in-one service that users can leverage throughout the entire document lifecycle. Unlike specialized solutions available today that address one mobile requirement, like storage, sync or collaboration, Connect brings these features together in a seamless, user-friendly interface that allows users to be in full control of their content no matter where it is located.
Connect enables users to:
- Access files stored anywhere
- On other devices – Mac, PC, iPhone, iPad, Android smartphone and tablet
- On other cloud services – Basecamp, Box, Catch, Dropbox, Egnyte, Evernote, Google Docs, Huddle, Microsoft SkyDrive, Springpad, SugarSync and WebDev
- View, edit and create documents, spreadsheets and presentations that retain fidelity back to Microsoft Office formats
- Automatically and selectively Sync files across all devices
- Remote access into connected desktops and mobile devices
- Search across all devices and clouds
- Share folders with anyone
- Share files with connected social networks, including Docstoc, Facebook, LinkedIn, Slideshare, Scribd, Twitter and Yammer
- Collaborate with peers by commenting on files or folders
- Manage files online via Quickoffice Connect web portal
The Connect service includes a native mobile application for iOS and Android, a PC or Mac desktop client and web portal for universal document and account management. Connect automatically syncs documents to ensure the latest version is always available on any device. This allows users to view, create and edit documents while on an airplane, at home or on the road; search and share files or folders in one location; and collaborate with colleagues without switching between applications. Plus, if users forget to sync a file or folder, the remote access capabilities ensure constant access to digital content on all connected devices.
Connect by Quickoffice will be available shortly for free download from popular App Stores, with two subscription service levels offered as an upgrade. The first of planned releases, Quickoffice will issue frequent updates over the year to offer additional functionality. Connect Premium will be available for a discounted special offer of $19.99/year, a savings of $25 off MSRP. Functionality and standard pricing levels include:
- Connect Basic, free – view documents, cloud access, five sharable folders, sync up to two devices, 5,000 file sync capacity
- Connect Premium, $44.99/year – view and edit documents, aggregated search, unlimited folder sharing, sync up to four devices, remote access, 125,000 file sync capacity
- Connect Professional, $69.99/year – view and edit documents, aggregated search, unlimited folder sharing, sync up to six devices, remote access, file versioning, 250,000 file sync capacity